Friday, November 1, 2013

Winter Beauty Essentials - Skincare

Living in Michigan means living with all sorts of weather! I'm loving the beautiful and crisp autumn we're experiencing now, but gearing up for the colder weather to come. It always does a number on my skin! I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite things that keep my skin from becoming too parched.



This was a Pinterest find, I believe. My legs always get horribly dry and itchy in the winter, and this saved them. Right after a shower, while I'm still sopping wet, I rub this into my legs. It absorbs wonderfully, and doesn't leave my legs greasy. The key is applying it while your skin is still very wet. Otherwise, you will feel a bit greasy. I like the Cocoa Butter one during the winter, just because of the sweeter smell. Bonus, my 2-year-old can use it too!

Another Birchbox find! I sampled this over a year ago, and purchased it as soon as the weather turned chilly. It's very hydrating, and absorbs quickly. Embryolisse says that makeup artists use it as a primer, moisturizer, and a makeup remover. All I know is, it leaves my skin feeling blissful.

Nivea makes all of my favorite lip balms, but A Kiss Of Moisture is my favorite for winter. It's so thick and healing, and I always have a tube nearby! I just picked up two new ones the other day, thanks to sale at Walgreens.

After hearing so many rave reviews of argan oil, I finally broke down and bought a bottle. My favorite way to use it is on my cuticles. I usually get at least one hangnail per day, and don't even get me started about my poor, always-scarred thumbs. But, wow, when I'm faithful to use this everyday, I don't get any hangnails! It's made a huge difference, and my fingers are all thankful! I've also loved using it on my elbows, and in the ends of my hair.

Every time I use this hand cream at work, someone stops and asks me what it is, because it smells so delicious, just like buttercream frosting! More importantly, it's quite hydrating. I love keeping a mini bottle in my desk, and in my purse. If you prefer a non-scented lotion, try Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion.

So, that's how I (mostly) don't dry up like a prune by the end of winter! Do you change things up when the seasons change?

Off to warm my hands with some coffee...
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...