Monday, March 24, 2014

musings on beauty & motherhood... (and a lot of ellipses... like, a lot)

Being a mother has taught me some new lessons about beauty. Sometimes beauty is...

...rocking 2nd (or 3rd...or 4th) day hair. (headbands & dry shampoo)


...loving the natural look.


...sharing your lip balm.


...polishing little toes.


...wearing very special necklaces. 


...getting messy. 


...and more than anything, remembering that what's on the outside is not nearly as important as what's on the inside. 

When I tell my daughter that her fancy shoes do not make her a lady, but her kind words and actions do... 

When I tell her that she is not a beautiful ballerina because of her tu-tu, but because of her grace and smiling attitude... 

I am also reminding myself of those things. 

I pray to be a good example for her of what is truly important in life, and what will stand the test of time.

1 comment:

  1. Magnificence is both emotional and objective. It is passionate that not every person finds very similar things attractive and that individuals have their various suppositions and inclinations on what is beautiful. Beauty is additionally objective in it that a few people are preferable to investigate others.
    Retino AC Gel-this cream also used in skin problems.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...