Friday, August 30, 2013

Meltproof August Eye Look - Maybelline Color Tattoo & Stila in the light pallette


August in Michigan has not been quite as steamy as usual. (Thank goodness!) But when the temperature creeps up, this is my go-to eye look, that I can be sure will not melt down my face.

 

For this look, apply Maybelline Color Tattoo in the color Inked in Pink all over the lid, and into the crease. Maybelline Color Tattoos are always a great base for your eyeshadow, but especially in heat and humidity.

Next, blend a coppery shadow into the crease and outer corner. I used Sunset from my Stila In the Light palette. (A great drugstore alternative would be the "eyelid" shade from Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio 334 I'm Getting Sunburned.) Blend what is left on the brush along the bottom lash line.

Then apply a dark coppery liner close to the lashline, and blend with an angled brush for a softer look. I used my Stila Smudge Stick in Lionfish. Finish with your favorite mascara!

Just in case your skeptical, here's a shot from 10 hours after I did my makeup!



Have a wonderful last weekend in August! And don't melt.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...